Do you ever wanted to learn how to crack software. Or find out the way program protect itself from being copied? With the correct guidance and little hard work you can do this too.
Here we use assembly language to crack software in order to get rid of purchases and registrations.
1.Learn Assembly programming. In order to crack most software, you will need to have a good grasp on assembly, which is a low-level programming language. Assembly is derived from machine language, and
each assembly language is specific to the type of computer you are using. Most assembly language is expressed through binary and hexadecimal.
- Gather your tools. In order to
examine and modify DLLs, you will need several different tools.
W32DASM is a software disassembler that allows you to pick apart programs. SoftIce is a
Windows debugging tool. You’ll also want a good coding text editor, such as ultra edit or Notepad++.
- Start the program you want to crack with W32DASM. This will show you what DLL files are being loaded by the program. Use W32DASM to examine which functions are being
called from the DLL.
- Find the counter function. Many programs use a timer for copy protection, and when the timer runs out, the user is no longer able to access the program. The goal is to
find this counter code, and then
bypass it. If the program you are cracking uses a different form of
protection, you will need to look
for that instead.
- Set a break-point on the counter. Once you’ve isolated the counter function, set SoftIce to break when it is encountered. This will allow you to look at the exact code that is occurring when the counter function
- Change the counter code. Now that you’ve found the code for the counter function, you can change the code so that the counter never reaches the point where it shuts you out of the program. For example, you could make it so that the counter cannot count up to the break limit or you can bypass the
counter by jumping over it.
posted by: nick